- About Us
- Contact Us
When there is an injury - RICE
Sport injuries www.choa.org/default.aspx?id=1043
Cross-Country/Track and Field
- Good pair of running shoes is very important.
- Stretch before and after running.
- Drink water before and after running. (Key to being healthy)
- Start slow and develop in running distance.
- Pacing is key to effective running.
- Record running progress.
Benefits of Running
- Running is a great lifelong sport.
- Running is an effective way to maintain or loose weight.
- Regular running increase muscle tone.
- The heart gets stronger and more efficient in response to regular exercise.
- Blood pressure (tension) can decrease with consistent running.
- The impact of running makes your bones more dense and stronger.
- The benefits of running can last through-out the day.
- Regular running can help lower stress levels.
- Regular exercise can improve sleep habits.
- Running gives a sense of achievement and builds confidence as one improves their fitness.
Presidential Fitnesss Training
1) Pacer - 20 meter shuttle run
2) One mile walk/run
1) Percent of body fat-from triceps and calf muscle
2) Body mass index - height and weight
Upper Body Strength
Flexed arm hang
Trunk Extensor Strength & Flexibility
Back-saver-sit and reach
Living a life of HONOR
Honor your parents
Living in GRACE
- Eating a balance diet, with fruits and vegetables, and drinking plenty of water gives the body optimal replenishment.
- Eating 4 to 5 smaller meals is recommended more then 3 big meals. Smaller meals help with digestion and incresases the body metabolism.
- Eating a few hours before going to bed is best.
Cross training helps effectiveness, by giving the body a variety of work-outs while giving other parts rest.
Combining weight bearing exerice such as running, with non weight bearing exercises such as swimming, helps to maintain a heathy body.
Without vision a man perishes.
Setting goals and taking small steps with specific dates for accomplishment helps with achievement.
Taking initiative helps create opportunities.
It takes 21 days to form a habit, and usually just a few to loose it.
Athletes In Action http://www.aia.com/
Fellowship of Christian Athletes